DigiGrad Africa Project Partners held a virtual introductory meeting on 16th March, 2023. The meeting which was hosted by OBREAL Global brought together all the project participants with the aim of introducing them to each other.
At the meeting, partner universities shared their internationalization and digitalization strategies, and key points included the role of multilingualism in driving internationalization.
The partners also expressed their expectations for the project, and the energy in the room was palpable as they discussed the potential impact of DigiGrad Africa on the future of higher education in Africa.
Some of the expectations included;
- That the project will accelerate the capacities for digitalization and internationalization of education in participating institutions
- Graduate students and postgraduate supervisors to benefit through digital skills, research training on accessing and utilizing resources
- To network amongst members and find areas of collaboration with the aim of improving internationalization strategies and benchmark with other members.
- To participate in the development of materials for supervisors and capacity building in exploiting digital tools
- To reinforce commitment towards internationalization in Africa. They also expect to meet more African institutions and broaden connections, reinforce co-operations between international resources and learn from other experiences
- To reduce inequalities in access to higher education and promote higher education in Africa by building capacity in students, teachers, researchers.
- To promote educational innovation integration and exchange of international students.
- Virtual collaborative learning forums on quality assurance, grades and accreditation involving African partners.
- To address the developmental needs of African Universities, learn from findings and apply themselves in international collaborations
With the commitment and enthusiasm of the partners, DigiGrad Africa Project is poised to make a positive impact on the future of higher education in Africa.