DigiGrad is a European Union funded research project that aims to enhance the quality and relevance of training for postgraduate students and young researchers in Africa, especially for the attainment of Africa regional and global development goals, through harnessing the opportunities provided by digitalization & internationalization. The project is co-designed & coordinated by ANIE & OBREAL Global.
- Refine, contextualise and articulate HEI strategies for digitalization and internationalization
- Build HEI staff capacity in African universities to manage internationalisation
- Build HEI staff capacity in African Universities to utilise digital tools
- Build the capacity of young African researchers to exploit digitalisation
- Robust strategy documents for digitalising, internationalisation, research enhancement and a Handbook
- HEI research supervisors and staff of IROs trained in harnessing digitalisation for internationalisation
- A virtual post-graduate student training programme
- An African young researchers’ network is established and sustained
New project to boost quality, relevance of graduate students
By Maina Waruru A new European Union-funded project meant to enhance the quality and relevance of the training of graduate students and young researchers in Africa has the potential to help ease the shortage of academic staff and researchers at universities. The...
ANIE launches EU Funded Project on Postgraduate Training, Digitalization and Internationalization in Africa
The African Network for Internationalization of Education (ANIE) and OBREAL Global have just launched a new EU funded project aimed at strengthening the quality and relevance of postgraduate training and research in African universities. The project which is named...
DigiGrad Africa Project Introductory Meeting
DigiGrad Africa Project Partners held a virtual introductory meeting on 16th March, 2023. The meeting which was hosted by OBREAL Global brought together all the project participants with the aim of introducing them to each other. At the meeting, partner universities...
ANIE & OBREAL Awarded EU Grant
ANIE in partnership with OBREAL Global has been awarded European Union Funding for Capacity building in the field of higher education. The project titled DigiGrad Africa: Internationalisation and Digitalisation of Graduate Training and Research for the Attainment of...
DigiGrad Partners Physical Meeting
The first physical meeting of DigiGrad Africa Project Partners will be held in Eldoret Kenya from 10th – 12th May 2023.
The meeting will be hosted by Moi University and will involve partners getting to know each other better and a deep dive into the project work packages.