Postdoctoral Research Fellow Opportunity
Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships Directorate
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Postdoctoral Research Fellow 2023 – 2024
Research project:Internationalisation of Higher Education: Decolonial and Pan African Paradigms
Cape Peninsula University of Technology invites applications from suitably qualified candidates fora postdoctoral fellowship in the Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships (SIP) Directorate, which resides in the office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Research, Technology, Innovation and Partnerships (RTIP).
Candidates with a proven record of research outputs and research interests in internationalisation and identifying, developing, and managing strategic partnerships (national and international) are encouraged to apply.
The fellowship is awarded competitively, considering the applicants’ academic achievements, publication outputs and research potential, and the relevance of prior experience and expertise. The fellowship is available for one year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This contract is from 1 November 2023 to 31 October 2024, and the position carries an annual stipend of R250 000 (tax-free). This stipend will be released every month.Your duties as a Postdoctoral Fellow will include the following:
1. A minimum of four (4) publications submitted to DHET-accredited journals (may be co-authored
)2. Involvement in at least one (1) project (on-going or newly acquired)
3. Assist in the writing of at least 1 (one) research funding proposal
4. Initiate and seek funding for projects
5. Involvement in the development of the first phase of the research project
6. Organisation of and participation in virtual/in-person academic events and conferences
7. Collaboration and assistance with research uptake, partnership managers’ portfolios, and affiliated research fellows, as applicable. Presentation of quarterly progress reports to your host and the Director of CPGS and also a final report (final evaluation) 5 weeks before your contract expires. If it is found that you still need to complete these duties assigned by you and others, your appointment contract will not be renewed.
You are expected to work from your host’s campus and not have any other employment while being a Postdoctoral Fellow at CPUT. Any leave of absence (including sick leave) has to be granted by your host in consultation with the Director of CPGS.
To apply, please email the following documentation in a single PDF file by 15 September 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motivation letter, including a 1-2-page outline of relevant expertise and experience.
- A full CV includes research publications, conference papers and other scholarly outputs.
- Full transcripts of academic records and copy of doctoral degree certificate.
- Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants).
- Contact details of two academic referees who have taught/supervised/worked with the
- Reside in Cape Town
- PhD in the field of Higher Education or Humanities
Closing Date: 15 September 2023