06 Sep YALI RLC East Africa (Fully Funded)
Deadline for submission – September 11 2017
The YALI Leadership program is looking for young men and women ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their communities.
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
The YALI RLC East Africa is more than a location for learning or a venue for collaboration; it represents a philosophy, a forward-leaning culture of diversity that invites dreaming and thinking differently to define and realize one’s potential. The educational philosophy incorporates three main focus areas: personal transformation, leadership transformation, and sector transformation. Enhanced leadership skills underscore all three focus areas.
Selected participants will engage in leadership training across three tracks of study: (1) Business and Entrepreneurship, (2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication. The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning
which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually and in teams.
Read more on how to apply : https://www.yalieastafrica.org/