The African Network for Internationalization of Education (ANIE) is an independent, non-profit making, non-governmental African network committed to the advancement of high quality research, capacity building and advocacy on internationalization of higher education with prime focus on Africa. ANIE is a membership based association serving its members, their institutions and organizations, and others engaged understanding internationalization.The network aims to be the leading organization in enhancing the understanding and development of the international dimension of higher education in Africa by expanding both knowledge and building, strengthening and sustaining a cohort of competent professionals in this field. ANIE is an autonomous institution whose secretariat has been set up at Moi University, Eldoret, Kenya.
To develop and strengthen capacity for research, advocacy and professional development in the international dimension of high education to meet the needs of individuals, institutions and organizations in Africa.
ANIE has the following main objectives:
- To contribute to the development and understanding of internationalization of higher education in Africa through high impact research projects and publications.
- To inform policy decisions related to the international dimension of higher education in Africa with high quality research evidence.
- To build/strengthen and sustain Africa’s research capacity on internationalization of higher education.
To achieve these objectives, the network brings together African scholars to take the lead in developing priority research programs and enhancing use of research findings for policy formulation and policy development in the African higher education sector.
The network aims to be the leading organization in enhancing the understanding and development of the international dimension of higher education in Africa by expanding both knowledge and building, strengthening and sustaining a cohort of competent professionals in this field.
To be the leading Organization in internationalization of higher education in Africa.
- Develop and recommend desirable structures, principles, policies and practices in support of internationalization.
- Research trends, new developments and challenges related to the international dimension of higher education at the institutional/ organizational, national and regional levels in Africa.
- Clarify and understand the language and process of international education as it applies to the African context by examining the meanings and definitions of key technology used in policy and other documents.
- Examine and articulate the rationales for and benefits of the internationalization of higher education in African countries.
- Build capacity of individuals, institutions and organizations involved in the implementation and study of international education.
- Provide a forum to support action to maximize opportunities and minimize risks facing the internationalization of higher education in African countries.
- Facilitate the development of special interest groups (SIG) to respond to issues that impact international education.
- Provide opportunities for sharing experiences and best practices, information and experiences in international education.
- To develop and facilitate a fund raising initiative to sustain ANIE’s activities for immediate, short term and long term needs.
LATEST NEWS & EVENTS
The DIES Forum is meant to bring together alumni from DIES training courses and DIES National Multiplication Trainings to share views and...
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) wishes to announce a call for applicants to participate in the 2023/2024 Staff Mobility...
Ms Lela Muhamed Mussa is a highly regarded figure in Zanzibar’s education sector, known for her commitment to enhancing educational opportunities and quality.