11 Oct Call for Manuscripts-Forum for International Research on Education
A call for manuscripts for a special issue of FIRE: Forum for International Research on Education on the theme “Higher education in Africa: Global perspectives” has been launched by the guest editor, Josiah Zachary Nyangau of Kent State University.
The premise is that higher education in Africa has undergone dramatic changes over the past several years, yet much of the research on this changing landscape of higher education lacks the richness that international and comparative perspectives provide.
The goal of the special issue of FIRE is to engage the recent trends as well as explore prospects and challenges facing higher education in Africa. Submissions are invited from higher education scholars, researchers and practitioners on a full range of topics relevant to comparative, international and development education in Africa, and especially submissions reporting results of original research.
Suggested topics include:
- Outcomes analyses for international organisations in African higher education
- The influence of Bologna and the European Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance/Agreement on globalised standards for African higher education institutions
- Isomorphism versus institutional diversification in African higher education
- Internationalisation initiatives within the African continent
- Colonial institutions’ influence on universities’ internationalisation in African universities’ approaches to internationalisation
- Education policy borrowing in African higher education and other related topics.
Authors should send their proposed paper title and a 200-word abstract to Josiah Zachary Nyangau at firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for proposals 1 November; Papers accepted must be submitted online by 1 January.