09 Nov Applications Open for World Bank Group Africa Fellowship Program 2018!
Deadline: 19 November 2017
The World Bank Group (WBG) is seeking applicants for its Africa Fellowship Program 2018 for Ph.D. students and recent graduates who are Sub-Saharan nationals. The program intends to attract young African talent to the World Bank Group workplace. The fellows will work on research, economic policy, technical assistance, and lending operations that contribute to the World Bank goal of eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Fellows will spend a minimum of six months at the World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in a Sub-Saharan country, getting hands-on experience in development work.
- Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Selected participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of the World Bank Group’s mission and operations
- Access quality data for their research work
- Interact with seasoned experts in their field of development
- Contribute to the World Bank Group’s mission
- Sub-Saharan nationals who are recent Ph.D. graduates or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D. program in the following fields: economics, applied statistics and econometrics, impact evaluation, education, health, energy, agriculture, infrastructure, demography, forced displacement, and all relevant development fields.
- Candidates must:
- be a recent PhD. graduate or be enrolled in an academic institution as a PhD. student and returning to university after the fellowship
- have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- possess strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Be born on or after October 1, 1986
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the online application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Africa Fellowship Program.