09 Jan Applications Open for Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program!
Deadline: 4 April 2018
- The fellowship provides for payment of all tuition for the full period of enrollment at Harvard.
- The fellowship also funds the round-trip airfare between the fellow’s home and Boston, as well as a monthly stipend.
- Fellows typically elect to stay in University graduate dormitories. Please note that housing costs in the Boston/Cambridge area are extremely high, and the stipend only covers bare necessities.
- The monthly stipend must also be used to pay for other expenses such as medical and dental insurance, medicines, taxes, food, winter clothing, books and supplies.
- Fellows are held personally responsible for the payment of all bills other than tuition fees and airfare.
- Please be advised that Harvard will require fellows to purchase American medical insurance. This insurance does not cover the range of services covered in South Africa.
- Separate insurance must be purchased for dental coverage. Charges for non-covered expenses and prescription drugs are very high.
- Fellows must be South African citizens.
- The HSAFP was conceived largely to provide educational enrichment for men and women in mid-career, that is, individuals in various occupations who have shown considerable skill in their chosen fields and leadership and are expected to benefit from advanced training.
- Thus candidates who have just completed, or who have not yet completed, a first degree are not selected unless this degree has been pursued concurrently with, or subsequent to, experience in the workplace.
- Fellows usually range in age from 30 to 45 years.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program.